Simple Samba setup on Lubuntu

I have a simple lubuntu server where I setup a ssh server. While it is sufficient to access a driver/folder from another linux machine using sftp, it is a pain from Windows & Mac, so unfortunately, samba is still needed here.

For simplicity I needed only one samba user that I could map to a single user on my lubuntu machine

Following the various tutorial I ended up doing this with simple commands

Install samba
$ sudo apt-get install samba
Add myuser to the samba
$ sudo smbpasswd -a myuser
Export the drive I needed (no guest user)
$ sudo vi /etc/samba/smb.conf
to add the following export (no real option needed here)
[files]
path = /media/music/files
writeable = yes
save and Restart samba
$ sudo service smbd restart

Popular posts from this blog

Soving AccessDenied on Google Cloud Storage domain mapping

Fixing "DerInputStream.getLength(): lengthTag=109, too big" in Android Studio